Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome ETEC 597

My name is Phil Groter and this is my class blog.
I am hoping that this is set up correctly because I am not yet able to view the class blog.
This also means that none of you are reading this right now since I am not able to insert a link to this blog...... baby steps :)

6 comments:

  1. It appears that most of the technical issues have been resolved and ya’ll can at see my blog. So let me start over….
    Hello!
    My name is Edward Groter and I am completing my degree in education (alternate certification). I teach Life Skills at the Intermediate level and consider myself privileged to do so. Something interesting about myself… when I was in college I had a pet snake that was 14ft long and despite what the movies say, he never tried to eat me. 
    I am enrolled in this course because honestly I just needed another class this semester but I am glad that I chose this class because my knowledge of web 2.0 is limited. This is the first blog I’ve ever made. So far I have found this course to be really fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEEK 1 REFLECTIONS

    Since my knowledge of web 2.0 is limited, I have learned a lot in the last week. Many social networking formats and communication devices that are considered web 2.0 tools are things that I also have never used. I think I had a myspace that was set up but never used some years ago. I know, that’s sad but it is also true. My wife uses facebook so I have taken advantage of this course to finally set myself up an account.
    I think that this tool could be very useful in the classroom through AT (assistive technologies). As a Life Skills classroom I use assorted AT’s throughout the day. My classroom was recently purchased an Ipad. I can download apps from many of these sites and share information and links through my blog with other teachers in the district.
    I chose Blogger by complete chance. Since I had never used any of these tools I simply clicked on a random link. Blogger has been fairly easy to set up even for a person with zero experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your ipad for all of the students are just you? I like that schools are now incorporating this technology in the classroom, but they need to have a purpose for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edward,
    I connect with your learning curve this semester! I want to learn how t use technology but every assignment is new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edward,
    I will say just one thing: Hang in there, you will not regret. At the end of this course you will be amazed at how much you learned. I think that everyone involved in education needs to take a this type of course. If we want to bond with our students than we need to respect their way of communication and try our best to adopt it. The sooner, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Edward,

    Technology can be useful. It may be very difficult to use rightr now, but it will get better. With the purchase of the IPAD, your doors will be wide open for you to engange your students. Allow some of your students to show you somethings with the IPAD. This will not only help you, but allow them to become engaged with you by letting them teach you. It seems easier for the younger students to adapt to technology, so utlize them to help you. Then you have a Win, Win situation.

    ReplyDelete